So many people have asked me, ‘How do I gain pure muscle?’ Building muscle mass seems to be a slightly mis-understood, this is probably down to the vast amount of information there is on the internet. There are plenty of different workout programs, supplements, and equipment out there to choose from. I must have spent hours reading and researching the subject, and I have summarised my findings into 7 simple ways to increase muscle mass.
1. Get in the Gym – If you want to increase the size of your muscles, then there is no other way about it, you need to get in the gym. Lifting weight is hands down the fastest way to gain size. When your muscles lift weights, they tear. The small tears in the muscle fibers causes the muscles to get stronger and stronger over time.
2. Eat that Protein – Protein and fundamental amino acids are the building blocks of muscle. In order to build muscle, you are going to need to consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Eating at least this quantity will ensure you have the right amount for optimum muscle growth.
3. Drink Water – Muscle cells are 80% water. You are going to need to keep your muscles saturated, in order for key metabolic processes to occur. So as a guideline drink about 4-5litres of water daily.
4. Take Creatine? – This supplement varies from person to person I have done an in depth post on it here. It gives your cells more energy so you can push yourself harder and gain bigger muscles.
5. Get Some Beauty Sleep – Muscles are torn when you are working out, and they grow when you are resting. Be sure to get at least 8 hours sleep a night, to give your muscles the chance to fully repair.
6. Before/After workout nutrition – Before and after your workout you have a window in which you need to fill the body with nutrients to suit requirements such as amino acids, and carbohydrates. Before a workout you want to take on some fats, carbs and protein for energy throughout your workout. After a workout you will be depleted of glycogen, so some simple carbs such as a banana will suffice in supplying you with some to replenish the ones used, as well as some more protein.
7. Take Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) – Branch Chain Amino Acids account for at least 35% of the protein needed for protein synthesis. If you are serious about gaining muscle mass and strength then you need to take a daily dose of amino acids.
So there you have it 7 quick easy to follow ways to ensure you will build lean, lasting muscle massNone found.