You may have read my post on workout nutrition, you would have noticed that I recommended a flapjack to help give you lots of energy. I said you could buy them or you could make your own and here is a recipe for doing so:
1 1/2 cups (140g) of porridge oats
A heaped 1/2 cup (150g) of CRUNCHY peanut butter
1 cup of chocolate whey (3 scoops)
125ml-ish of skimmed milk
Tablespoon of honey
1. Add the oats and the whey to a mixing bowl and give it a quick mix
2. Add the milk and peanut butter
3. Get stuck in with your hands!!! (You HAVE to do this! No Spoons!!)
4. Place into non stick tray and pat down to about an inch thick (you may wish to line with greaseproof paper)
5. Drizzle the top with honey (you may wish to leave it out, but I think it makes the bar)
6. Chill in the fridge for 30 min (meanwhile, pre heat oven to 180 C/Gas mark 6)
7. Bake in oven for 6 minutes
8. Leave to cool
9. Whilst in the pan, slice into bars with a knife (leave in the pan)
10. Put into fridge overnight to settle.
This is a recipe I picked up online and just had to share with you. It’s very adaptable you can add orange zest to mix it up and change the taste, or any other ingredient of your choice.
A cheap alternative to the pre made bars and you really know what has gone into it.